Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Evening Shine

There are but few instances when you just let go off all the boundaries that you keep for yourself. Let go off all the inhibitions that would otherwise stop you from letting go of yourself and just flow with the current. It is during such times when your mind is free of all controls that it lets itself on a free reign, as thoughts begin to flow without any obstacles.
Tonight was one such night. A rather uneventful evening for someone watching from a different perspective, but one of the best times I've had with my friends.
The tarmac was just a blur of dark faceless shadows, as a harmless looking car whizzed past the shops lining the street.
A foggy night with cold emotionless air whipping my face, making my eyes water and turning my hair into an unkempt mess. But all that didn't bother me. I was enjoying it, in fact. The company of my best friends, a hit club music playing in the background....but something else, something more difficult to explain was what was making most of the difference.
A long stretch of wide open road with nothing but the low humming of the engine echoing around, the dark over-hanging trees peering down upon us, swaying gently, my hands had gone harder than bricks as the chilly wind cut through my sparse clothing.
At that moment I wanted to be a rich young man. I don't know how this disconnected childish incoherent thought crept up into my mind, but a vacant smile of content spread across my face as i saw the posh looking shops streak past. The shops, yes that was it. And the ambiance and probably the music too. It doesn't make much sense when i read the above lines myself, but i can re-feel the excitement course through me at that time.
It somehow all connected very well then. Because all I felt was that I wanted to be rich and live the glam life. Childish, I know it sounds, but I felt oddly good about something...
I am still feeling good, as the last strands of that vision and surreality ebb away.....

1 comment:

  1. the teeming golden sky with the rich increase..
    do i say more,or jus fall on my daiyum knees!!

    ReplyDelete